Friday, Mike and I had the rare pleasure of spending a weekend evening at home with no plans! Wahoo! I thought I'd finally check out our pictures of our NH fun the previous weekend and post a few of them. I went through, selected my pics and relenquished the laptop to Mike so he could check a few things out before I posted. While doing so, the martini he was enjoying tipped onto the back of the laptop! Oh no!
Of course we quickly cleaned up what we could and try to dry it out with the hair dryer. It wouldn't turn back on. Things were looking bad. Mike spent some time taking it apart on Saturday, doing research on some possible fixes and looking into somewhere he could get it restored. Lo and behold, on Sunday, the darned thing turned back on and worked again. Wahoo! So, disaster was narrowly averted and the only "damage" done, that we know of, is the pictures I had chosen to post on the blog were gone from the desktop. No biggie, my loyal fans will just have to wait a little longer to hear about our last NH trip.
The rest of the weekend was very productive house-wise. We ran some errands morning, unpacked the rest of our bathroom things, unpacked more of our decorative pieces, prepped our wicker furniture for painting, cleaned up plants so they can hopefully recouperate from the construction dust and our tile guy came and got done about 2/3 of our backsplash.
We even made some time for fun. We checked out the 2nd of our 2 new local ice cream stands, watched a movie at home and met some friends of ours out last night for dinner and The Dark Knight at Imax. It was a very full weekend!
1 comment:
Whew! Crisis averted - glad to hear! You had a busier weekend than I did!
Post a Comment