The boys seemed to really enjoy climbing out to the rocks and it seemed everytime Tamara and I turned around, they were back out there. Here's a picture of them (enthusiastically) waving to us from their rock perch.
The trail was a pretty popular one that day. I don't think I've ever been on another hike where I ran into so many people. One of the benefits of the crowds is that we had an offer to get a group shot. Normally, the only group shots I get are self portraits, so it was a nice change from the norm. Here we are enjoying lunch.
As I said, there are several falls on this trail. In fact, I think the name of the trail is Kinsman Falls trail. Unfortunately, there was quite the swimming crowd at Kinsman Falls, so I couldn't get a great nature picture of it without lots of half naked strangers. So, here's a picture of Rocky Glen Falls which is a little further up the hike.
At the top of Kinsman Falls, we swung right onto another trail to hop over and see Lonesome Lake. From the maps, it looks like it's about 1000 feet up from the bottom of the notch (where we started). There's a huge AMC hut there - it looked to be about as luxurious as camping gets. We stopped to check out the hut and enjoy the view. And wow! What a view! With Lafayette (a future hike this summer, I hope) in the background, it was breathtaking!
And speaking of views, check out the guns on Tamara!
After circling the lake, we headed down the Lonesome Lake Trail, which dumped us out at the Lafayette Camping Area and then we traversed another 2 miles on the paved bike\hike trail back to the Basin and our car. 6 miles of hiking deserves ice cream. So, we headed into the nearby town of Lincoln for some "Udderly Delicious" treats. Yum! It was a fun day. Thanks for coming up Tamara and Ross!
1 comment:
Hmmm...I wonder if we'll soon be the most frequently uninvited guests. Thanks for lending your sneakers...I sure do look hot with gray socks and white sneakers. :)
Post a Comment