7/9/08

It's Tough to be a Trend Setter Sometimes

A little over a year ago, I searched high and low for beds with drawer storage to maximize space without the use of inconvenient and tacky plastic underbed boxes. My searching gave me only a few options of designer beds....with the price tag to go along with it. I waited awhile and did luck out with a 50% off price of one of them because of a discontinued stain. The price dropped down to a level just above what I was comfortable spending, but we went ahead and bought it because we felt as if we had exhausted our options.

At that time, I told Mike "mark my words, as soon as we buy this, we're going to start seeing these beds everywhere." Sure enough, one year later, I've seen beds with drawers underneath at West Elm, Ikea and now Target! I'm glad the market is responding to my demands, although a little late. However, we're extremely happy with our bed so all's good.

1 comment:

A said...

LOL you trend setter you. That's a great idea. My bed's sporting the tacky plastic boxes. Thanks. You've just insulted me. :-P