3/31/12

A Party to Get Over the Hill

A few weeks ago we had the pleasure of attending Mike's sister Maureen's surprise 40th birthday party. Dylan stayed home and played with the sitter while Cade went and partied with us. We all enjoyed the night. It had been a rough day for me (those post partum hormones haven't been doing me any favors) and it was rough getting there. Once there, it was really nice to be around so much family. Cade had a great time getting passed around and looking up at all the lights and fans. I didn't think he could see that far yet but the ceiling was fascinating to him so I guess he could!
Jamie, Gretchen and Jamon
Cousins that traveled in from Vermont and Maine for the big event.

Tom and Jim
Father in Law and Brother in Law

Emily and Maureen the Birthday Girl
(The two lovely gals in the middle)

Joe and Mike
Husband of the Birthday Girl and My Cute Husband

Jim and Kristina, Me and Cade

It's Us!
(Don't I look super awake?)
Joe did a great job putting the party together. He did it all himself, from booking the venue, making and sending out the invites to decorating the room with old family photos that had been enlarged. And, it truly was a surprise party. Maureen had no idea until they drove up to the venue and she saw all the cars. I don't know for sure, but I assumed she was a little overwhelmed because her cheeks looked awfully flushed when she walked in.....I assume she was blushing!

What a great way to ring in a fabulous new decade for Maureen.  Happy Birthday (belated at this point)!

No comments: