Weight 11 lbs 9.5 oz - 29% - A big % drop that I kind of don't believe. I think we should have had them weigh him again because it just didn't seem right to me.
Height 23.5 inches - 68%
Head 15.75 inches - 73%
He's had a case of thrush that we haven't been able to get cleared up. Perhaps that's been affecting his eating more than we've known which caused his curve to dip a bit. But the doctors not worried in the least and neither are we. We do have new medication for his thrush that we hope will do the trick.
But, what this post is really about is Cade's room. It's finally finished! I have been working on this project on and off for so long. I had hoped to finish it before Cade came along but that didn't happen. Towards the end of my pregnancy, motivation was low and standing still to paint made me feel nauseous...not exactly prime circumstances to push myself to finish. So I didn't. It's one of the few times I've voluntarily let a personally determined deadline pass and be ok with it.
It's even more fine that I didn't finish because Cade helped me wrap up the project. I'm sure that will be meaningful to him when we talk about it in the future....when he can actually talk.
When trying to figure out what I wanted to do for his room, I wanted to come up with an untraditional theme for his room. You know, because I hate going with the popular thing to do. After thinking long and hard it came to me - the 4 seasons. After all, that's one of the big reasons I enjoy living in this part of the world. After finding a grass green rug and deciding on tree representation of the seasons, the rest flowed. Well, flowed after a long period of time of considering what I wanted to do. And here is the result:
![]() |
| Me and My Helper I painted all the leaves and the snow with his "help" in the baby bjorn. |
| Summer My Mom's contribution to the room was this wonderful curtain. It's so cute it kind of puts my paintings to shame. |
| Winter Cloud Shelves on the Left |
| Fall |
| Winter Close Up Each wall/season has two photographs that we've taken over the years that represent an aspect of the season. |
| Spring |
![]() |
| Spring Close Up |
![]() |
| The Quilt My Mom Made For Cade She's quite the impressive crafty lady, isn't she? Mad sewing skills. |




No comments:
Post a Comment