3/29/12

House Tour - Dylan's Room

Well, we've now officially been in this house 6 months. What a whirlwind that time has been. I feel like we've been getting settled non stop and are still far from it. While most boxes have been unpacked, there are still some rooms that need to get fully decorated and organized. In fact, right now while Dylan is sleeping and Mike and Cade are out running some errands, I'm going to go work on our craft room\office that is a complete disaster. But first, here is the first post to give you a glimpse of our new house.

Dylan's nursery at our hold house was pretty awesome if I must say so myself. My Mom and I spent a lot of time and love getting it ready for him. See pics of the room here. While I would have loved to remove the walls and transplanted them here, that wasn't possible. And, let's face it, recreating it again just wasn't in the cards....not enough time, energy or patience for that. So, I did the best transfer I could. Mike took some great pictures of all the individual animals so that we could print them up and frame them. We also were able to cut and reuse the old valance and curtains in the space. While it doesn't have the wow factor it did before, I'm happy with the result. I figure in a few years Dylan will want to change his room decor anyway.

Without further ado, here is Dylan's room!

Transplanted Koala Curtains, Big Boy Bed, Turtle, Kangaroo and Wombat

Reading Nook, Whale and Deer Pics

Dresser\Changing Table, Giraffe, Lion and Elephant Pics

Moose, Bear, Chipmunk and Mom&Dad Pics
I'm happy with the result and, more importantly, Dylan seems to enjoy his new room. That's all that really matters, isn't it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is perfect and such a great idea to print and frame all of his animals!