Well, it looks like we may have turned a corner. Hopefully I'm not jinxing us, but the family has all been healthy for several days now. Well enough to have had some company this weekend. I've got a few pictures to download and post on those visits so I'll tell more about them later. For now, I wanted to note a few cute things that Dylan's been doing lately so they'll be documented for posterities sake.
 |
"Find Me!"
We hear this a lot. He hasn't yet figured out
that the game works better when you change
your hiding spot every once in a while.
He usually picks one and stays with it for a while. |
Dylan's learned his hair and eye color as well as those of the rest of his immediate family and he likes to recite them often. "My hair's brown my eyes blue!" If I've been separated from the boys for a while - like if I'm upstairs napping for a bit or Mike and Dylan's do some errands on their own - Dylan will come up to me, give me a big hug and say "I'm so happy to see you!" Ahhhh...makes a Momma's heart melt. "What's happening (to)" is a phrase we also hear a lot when he's watching something on tv (familiar to him or not) and when he's playing with his toys. The boy likes to narrate his surroundings. (In fact, just after I typed this paragraph, Dylan dipped one of his toys, named Twitch, over the edge of the small sink in the island and said "What happened to Twitch?" Funny boy.)
Several times, Dylan's commented on something random and said "It's beautiful!" (sounds more like boo-ta-ful). We were in a furniture store last week and I told Dylan to let me know if he saw anything he liked and he ran up to a staged area, pointed to a hurricane lamp with rocks in it and said "I like these rocks. They're beautiful."
 |
| Dylan Giving Cade a Kiss |
These next few cute sayings aren't so new but cute enough that they need to be noted. Dylan likes to get under the covers of our bed and say "I'm comfy and cozy." Very often, he also likes Mike and I to join him under the covers (or on the couch) and say "Snuggle with me." Who can resist that request? Another thing he does is no matter boy, girl or animal, he refers to everyone as "that guy." Last night when one of our weekend visitors was getting ready to leave, Dylan asked us "Where that guy going?"
 |
| Dylan and Cade Hanging Out |
Dylan's also been developing his pretend play. He'll get two of his toys and have them interact with each other. Just yesterday, he had Spiderman and Guido (from the Cars movies) interacting by hiding in the "cave" together (which was made by my leg and a pillow) and then they had a conversation and started fighting on the rung of the ladder that was out to replace a lightbulb in the living room. I love trying to eavesdrop on what he's saying but he normally catches me doing that and will stop talking and smile at me shyly. I need to work on my ninja skills so I can sneak up on him better.
But, his newest saying is the one we hear most often. He must label every tv character, toy and person we encounter as a Good Guy or a Bad Guy. It's pretty humorous in some situations. It's also pretty tricky in others. While I get that kiddos (and some adults) see the world in black and white, some things are a little more gray. It makes our job helping him label things a bit of an exercise of the mind at times. Given the amount of quality sleep we're getting these days even a simple exercise of the mind is a lot of work!
No comments:
Post a Comment