4/1/12

House Tour - Guest Bedroom

Note: I wrote the following post the day before Cade came. I was originally unhappy with the pictures. A room that I think looks great in person looks busy and disjointed in photographs. I learned a lesson that what looks good in person doesn't always translate well to 2 dimensions. I'd heard of the issue before when watching design show competitions but hadn't experienced it myself. In any case, I was going to try and get better pictures of the room but that's just not going to happen. So below is the post as I originally typed it up 2 months ago.

Well, tomorrow's the big day. Seems the little guy might actually come on his own given a bit more time. This morning I was supposed to get stuff to ripen the cervix in preparation for tomorrow but I was already 4 centimeters dilated so they sent me home without medication. So this little guy has about 16 hours to come on his own before his gets his (loving) eviction notice. Our appointment tomorrow is set for 11am.

In preparation for his arrival, I've been working on the guest bedroom since lots of grandparents will be staying over. First, his Nana to take care of big brother Dylan while Mom and Dad are at the hospital and then for his Texas grandparents, Mimaw and Pipaw, for their scheduled visit to meet their new grandson next week. Yeah, I was supposed to be finishing up the baby's room but that project seemed too big to finish. 2 weeks ago I thought I had no time left to finish it. Silly me. In any case, there were just a few smaller scale projects I wanted to do to "finish" the guest bedroom off so worked on that instead.

Three of the projects were paint projects. One was of a mirror I found at a thrift store, one of some side tables and the other to cover up a paint blunder. The side tables are pieces that Mike inherited from his grandfather. They're cute little tables but have seen better days. The tops were really worn and one got damaged in the move. To give a little more life to them, a paint job was required.

We also installed a new light fixture. Nothing fancy but the one that was in there was snoozefest boring and gave off terrible light.
Mirror Before

Mirror After


                                   The Guest Bedroom\Library


Painted box done to fix some damage to the paint and we didn't have the matching paint.
Voila! Art treatment done to "fix."

Painted Mirror
(This wall still needs some fancy added but I'm not sure what I want to do yet.)

New Light Fixture
Side Table Before

Revamped Side Table and New Lamp

Skeleton Dylan showing off the room.
Curtains and bedspread made by my mom!
If you want to come visit the boys and me, we have this lovely room just waiting to make you feel welcome at our home. Let me know when you want to reserve it.

No comments: