By Tuesday afternoon, it looked like this:

Our crumbling stairway and hideous retaining wall are gone! We're really looking forward to seeing how beautiful the finished project will be but we'll likely have to wait about a month. Apparently, doing masonry work in winter takes a little longer. That's fine with me because I have a lot of faith in this company (hopefully I still do in a couple of weeks) and know that the new wall is going to be absolutely gorgeous!
I'm definitely a glutton for punishment. With the final bill to our contractor on the interior renovation not quite settled, we've started on the wall\stair project and are in the very beginning phases of expanded the half bath on the first floor to a full bath (ie thinking about and planning). Since our current upstairs guest bedroom is soon to become a baby's room, we figured our downstairs sleeping guests, ie grandparents, would appreciate being able to be self contained. However, we won't be starting that until we've got our pretty new front stairs and retaining wall done. I may have an addiction to home improvement, but I'm wise enough to take on one project at a time...I think.
No comments:
Post a Comment