Hurray for 2009! I hope everyone had an enjoyable and safe holiday. While NYE is normally one of my favorite holidays, this one wasn't exactly memorable. We had planned to have some good friends over for a small gathering and a fun game night, but a nasty cold I got screwed up those plans. So, instead, Mike and I made our favorite "special" dinner, pizza, watched a movie and then watched some of the New Years Eve specials on tv. Those specials were disappointing and boring. What happened to the good old days of excitedly watching Dick Clark and waiting for the ball to drop? I really tried to make it to midnight but gave up at 11:30. So, Mike rung in the new year with Smokey, the chinchilla, and I rang it in with some zzz's. Next NYE will likely be very different from our "norm" as well since we'll have a 6 month old in the house. Wow, that's weird to try and imagine.
New Years Day is a time of reflection for the past year and a time to look forward to the year to come. Thanks to all of our friends and family who have made the last year a spectacular and memorable one. We love you all and and feel so grateful to have you in our lives. Have a great 2009 everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment