(I didn't take this picture, but this is definitely what the trees looked like in our neighborhood this weekend.)Well, we did end up getting a good amount of snow last weekend. It basically didn't stop snowing from Friday afternoon until sometime Sunday night. Most of the accumulation was Friday night (10.5 inches) but we got at least another 5, I would guess, over the next 2 days. I helped, but Mike definitely did most of the shoveling. Needless to say, he got several good work outs over the weekend.
Saturday, after cleaning up the driveway, we ventured out to purchase the complete set of our pots and pans (that we registered for but did not receive). It was our Christmas present, or rather end of year bonus, to ourselves. Last week, the melty pan handle of our most used pan finally snapped off, so it was time.
Saturday night was my company Christmas party at Fenway Park. Even though it sounded like a cool place for an event, it was really nothing more than being at a function hall at Fenway - no lights on in the park, no tour, just the location. We got to spread the baby news to more coworkers and had a good time.
Sunday the weather was stinky again so we had to cancel our Christmas celebration with Mike's family. That's now rescheduled for New Years Day. After practically being cooped up in the house all day Saturday (can you tell I'm not much of a homebody), I decided we should venture out quickly to the mall a couple of blocks away and get the rugs I'd finally found for our bedroom. I could not believe how bad the roads were! It was a good call not to truck it to the in-laws. However, the roads didn't keep people from shopping....I was a little shocked at how many people were there. We even ran into my obstetrician. Weird. Then we went to the grocery store to stock up for the week and had a nice day\evening at home.
Monday night, Mike and I had our Christmas together and exchanged gifts. It was a nice night together. Last night we packed up and in just a little while, we'll be jumping a plane to Dallas for Christmas with my family (first time there for the day in a few years). So, I'm excited and ready to see my family!
Have a really great Christmas\Hanukkah\Kwanzaa\Festivus (or whatever you may or may not celebrate) everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment