Two weekends ago (I feel like I start out most of my posts that way) we had, as usual, a chopped full weekend. We got a call the week prior about how we had "won a travel package" from a drawing that we "entered" at the home show. What really happened is that they got our name from the registry and called us to come listen to some sales pitch before they gave us anything. For some reason, Mike thought it would be fun to take a day trip to the Cape, waste a few hours and then get some "free" stuff. As much I usually hate those sort of things, for some reason I agreed to go with it this time. After breakfast, we all got ready and got loaded up in the car for the hour and a half drive to Dennisport on Cape Cod.
And well, can you guess what happened? Yup, we got suckered in! After learning about this travel club (updated time share type thing), it did end up sounding appealing to us. There are a lot of benefits to it that fit the way our family travels. Also, I've got my mountain home but Mike wanted a beach home. Well, now we own a small portion of a beach side hotel on the cape.
We had plans at home that night. Unfortunately, the trip down took much longer than anticipated since we had to agree to a deal and sign a lot of paperwork. At my complete embarrassment, Mike's cousin and his family were at our house a full half hour before we got back! They were great sports about it and made themselves at home while waiting for us.
Once we got back and we quickly made dinner for the hungry kids, a good time was had by all. Dylan played well with his cousins Justin, 2 years, and Ryan, 13 months. Mike and I had some quality time and conversation with cousin Erik and wife Jessie. With kiddos that young, nights end a lot earlier than they used to when we used to get together with them. The adults jamified (got pj's on) the little ones in preparation for the trip home and that's about the time we finally remembered\got a chance to pull out the camera.
Justin and Dylan were having a lot of fun with twilight turtle in the tent (say that 10 times fast). Every once in a while, I would open the tent and snap a shot. I think I got some pretty amusing shots.
It had been a long day for us. After our visitors left, Dylan was put to bed and Mike and I enjoyed just a bit of relaxation time in front of the boob tube and then hit the hay ourselves. There was another day left to the weekend and we were going to need some energy for it as well.
1 comment:
ha ha suckaaa!!! Seriously though, some people are just GREAT at sales pitches. Creating a need. Especially when you actually wouldn't mind having that beach house :-) Congrats!
Post a Comment