We hit the ground running once we got back from Amsterdam. And, although I did take some time to upload pictures for the blog, I'm still working on the text to document our trip. The pace of this coming week should be somewhat slower and we did have a great recuperation day at home yesterday (thank you rainy day!) so I should have the time and energy to write some stuff up in the coming days. For now, you'll just have to be satisfied with our bunny tales (pun intended). While you're wrapping up your Easter holiday (or regular ol' Sunday for those of other religions), sit back, relax and have a good time reading about ours.
Our holiday fun started on Friday night. While I thought I had done a good job preparing for the holiday before our travel extravaganza, after taking inventory we realized we needed lots more stuff. So our wonderful teenage neighbor graciously offered to sit at our house and listen to the monitor after we put Dylan to bed while Mike and I ran to the store to do the rest of the shopping for Dylan together.
On Saturday, Mike went to soccer practice and Dylan had a play date while my friend Kari and I went to work out. Always a great way to start out the day. With a good sweat under my belt, Dylan and I went back to the house, had a bite to eat (1st breakfast for me and 2nd for him) then hit up our local bakery for some of the best cupcakes in town (this would be our Easter dinner contribution). Sometime during our breakfast, the rain clouds settled in and started releasing the drops. So, once home, we jamified (technical term for getting snuggly in our pj's) and settled in to have a relaxing day at home. The big event of the day would be dying Easter eggs!
After Dylan's nap, we boiled up the eggs and set up the crafting scene. I got out the smock for Dylan (which he saw and said "painting" since that's what he normally does in it) and my cooking apron for me (to which Dylan said "pizza" since the only time I ever put it on is when I'm rolling out pizza dough), Mike set up all the dye in cups and we were ready to go. Either Mike and I didn't dye eggs enough when we were young or it's been way too long since we'd done so, because we didn't remember exactly what to do. Good thing it's not an exact science and there's plenty of room for error! We experimented with different methods, made a huge mess and had a great time!
 |
| Since Painting was what he wanted, we let him decorate that way too. |
Due to our inexperience with dye, it didn't occur to us that we maybe shouldn't have our hands in it so much. Yeah, not the smartest thing to forget. In any case, Dylan went straight to the bath afterwards for a long soak to hopefully turn his yellow\green hands back to flesh color (Mike and I just did a lot of scrubbing at the sink). After that bath (which mostly did the trick), it was time to eat the special, huge bunny cookie we got at the bakery that day. I might have helped him with it a little bit.
 |
| Mmm....rabbit foot! |
 |
| Our Beautiful Eggs |
After Dylan went to bed, Mike and I did our Easter bunny prep - set up the loot and stuffed the eggs for the hunt with candy.
 |
| The Loot |
On Sunday morning, we all slept in until the late late time of 7:55am! Wahoo to sleep! Then it was time for Easter fun! Dylan got in his chair and checked out all the goods Mr. hop hop had left him.
 |
| Fun Light Up Toy |
 |
| Lots of Choo Choos |
It was then time (after I ran out and hid the eggs...well, placed in plain site really) for Dylan's very first Easter egg hunt. I tried to explain it to him but the best way to teach a kid that kind of thing at this age is to show him. So, we headed out the door and came across the first couple of eggs by the deck stairs. At that point, he really didn't get the basket concept and tried to hold all that we found. Once we got a couple more, he finally relented and put some in the basket. After collecting about 6 in total, it was time to take inventory and take them in and out of the basket.
 |
| Ready for the Hunt |
 |
| Inventory |
This went on for the next few eggs as well. Dylan really hit his Easter egg stride for the last half of the eggs and really started to get into the collect the eggs and drop them in the basket concept.
 |
| I Think I'm Getting This Now |
 |
| Yeah, Totally Getting It |
 |
| Easter Egg Hunts Rock |
He loved it so much that we then had a hard time getting him to head inside to open all the eggs. So, we did a little intro to that on his play set. He tried out the chocolate in the first egg and enjoyed it so much, he shared with Mom.
After convincing him we'd open the rest inside, he relented and followed us in. And, he's glad that he did! For this special holiday, we had desert after breakfast!
 |
| Dylan's Very First Peep |
We then dressed to the nines and took the hour drive up to Mike's uncle's place in Gloucester. There, we enjoyed a great time with family. Keeping up with our little one (who had a fabulous time with his cousins) and also trying to balance conversations with so many people made the day fast and chaotic but it was a great day.
 |
| Sharp Dressed Man |
 |
| Cousin Justin and Dylan |
 |
| Cousin Ryan |
 |
| The Kids Tables |
 |
| The Boys Playing |
 |
| Cousins Jacob and Corwin |
With only a brief nap on the way to the family event, Dylan was exhausted and had another little nap on the way home. He was awake for just an hour before his early bedtime....just enough time for a quick bite to eat (he was too busy playing to eat much Easter dinner) and, of course, a little Harry Potter (as usual). Now, Mike and I are having a much needed quiet evening on the couch. Ahhh.....post chaos relaxation is always the best!
Happy Easter everyone!
 |
| Easter Cuteness |
No comments:
Post a Comment