Well, not me, but my husband sure would! In fact, two years ago he did just that and bought us both new iphones the day they came out. In addition to being a bit of a tech geek, he had also just gotten laid off by Palm, so I think it was also a move to "get back at the man" and get a smart phone from a different and better company.So, we've had iphones since. It took me a while to appreciate this gift from him since I didn't think they were worth the money (yes, I was seriously bitter at the huge price drop a few months later) and since I quite enjoyed my Verizon phone service, which I had to give up for AT&T. However, 2 years later, I have definitely come to appreciate a lot of the functions the iphone has to offer.
Today is the big launch of the iphone. Let's step back a few months though, shall we? My tech geek husband has been religiously following Mac rumors and other blog sites dropping hints about the new phones. He also, very excitedly, read the live blog from the Mac meeting (or whatever it was called) a couple of weeks ago (?) announcing the new features of the phone and stating the official release day - today.
Let me tell you, Mike has been MORE excited than a kid at Christmas.....counting down the days with glee. But, is he waiting in line today like many others? Nope. He's actually got our new, activated, iphones in possession, courtesy of early reserve delivery! The phones got to our house this morning and he excitedly called me as each one arrived. Such a little tech boy at heart!
No comments:
Post a Comment