5/11/09

Happy Birthday Big Guy!

Can you guess who this adorably smoochable tiny little kitten is?!?!?!?

It's none other than the infamous Mr. Oliver! The first picture I think was taken the first or second day after I got him. He was only 5 weeks old and a tiny little cuddly fur ball. It was on a Mother's Day weekend, 13 (!!!) years ago that this wonderful cat came into my life.

I've always just celebrated his birthday on Mother's Day, but finally looked up the date a few months ago of Mother's Day 1996 and it was May 11th. Now I know his "real" birth date (ie, the day he started his life with me) and will celebrate it on that date from here on out.

Oliver and I have been through a lot of big life events together - college, big moves across the country, first jobs, first houses, a husband (and soon a baby)...not to mention struggles with his health that he's made it through. He's been a fantastic pet to me and I'm thankful for every day I've had with him the last 13 years. Tonight, we'll celebrate with some special kitty treats and a new catnip toy (that boy loves to hit the nip)!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY OLIVER!!!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

If this was Facebook, I would 'like' this post. Happy birthday Oliver!

Amy said...

I still remember the day you brought that furball home to our apartment. He was adorable!! Happy B-Day Mr. O!!