With the help of some good nights sleep, I've been able to help with all the work on the house. It was another crazy busy week for us! We're still working hard to get the house in order. My parents will be here on Wednesday so it's a mini deadline to get a few projects done and others planned enough so that my parents can help us finish them.
Mike single handedly moved some of the major furniture out of the guest room to make way for the nursery. The desk is now in our sun room and we got that all completely rearranged to make way for an office space there. The dining reorganization is now complete and some of the lounge room furniture moving has taken place. We saved the heaviest pieces for when my Dad is here....he and Mike will have to take care of those. Apparently, they don't recommended heavy lifting while pregnant. Go figure.
The biggest accomplishment for the week, though, definitely has to be that we've actually started decorating the nursery! We have an animal theme planned. Hopefully, my Mom and I will be able to knock it out next weekend (so I should have pictures next week), but Mike and I got started on some of the prep work on the space. We've been tracing large animals on the wall with pencil. Kind of weird to draw on the wall and not get in trouble! The plan for the nursery has been in my head for so long that it really felt huge to actually get the large project underway.
Oh yes, and Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mothers I know out there! I hope your husbands and children spoil you rotten! Even though I'm not quite a mother just yet, Mike still treated me to a little Mother's Day celebration. On Saturday, he went with me to one of my favorite shops and helped me pick out some fun new necklaces and earrings. Yay! Since buying lots of clothes and shoes for myself right now isn't such a hot idea, jewelry seemed the perfect choice because it is the one thing that will always fit!
No comments:
Post a Comment