Saturday was Mike's niece, Emily's, first communion. Not that I know anything about the Catholic religion, but this is apparently a VERY big deal and reason for a big celebration. I like Emily and celebrations, so I was very happily there with Mike to support her.
We went to her mass (arriving late after first going to the wrong church) and then followed the family back to Mike's sister, Maureen's, place for the big bash. Both sides of the family were there as well as lots of friends. Emily was definitely the star of the day and there was lots of demand to have pictures of hers. She was gracious enough to let us get a quick pose with her.
Me (30.5 weeks), Emily and Mike
There was SO much great food that we definitely had plenty to eat. Another of Emily's aunts, on her father's side, is also pregnant and due in a couple of weeks. She and I were the circus side show for a while since everyone thought it too hilarious to get pictures of the bellies together (though none were taken with our camera so I don't have one...yet). We had a great time but all the food and fun definitely pooped both of us out so we took a little rest when we got home.Once the resting was done, Mike got energized and excited about the baby equipment we got in the mail - our Pack N' Plays! We got two - one for our downstairs in our home (for naps and diaper changes) and one to stay at our place in NH to be our crib and changing table there. So, while I continued to relax on the couch, I watched while he took one out to try and assemble it.
I've heard lots of horror stories about how difficult and poorly instructed all baby equipment is....sometimes assembly can take hours! Either Mike's a genius or we stumbled upon getting the easiest Pack N' Play to assemble ever, but he had that thing set up in no time! The kitties wasted NO time in checking it out!
Luci and Oliver in the Play Pen
Luci Hanging Out in the Bassinet
No comments:
Post a Comment