Well, we survived the first major snowstorm Boston's had in a couple of years. We did get record snowfall for a 24 hour period. Snow drifts were crazy with the high winds we had so it was hard to measure. Official reports showed about 30" in our area. It's been a while since I'd seen that much snow. It's really a spectacular sight to behold. What was really unique about this snowstorm for us is that we did something we've never done before....hired a snowplow to clean our driveway and walks. I haven't gotten the bill yet but I can tell you this. It was worth every damn cent! The only work we had to do with our shovels was clear off the decks (so all the weight didn't damage them) and make a snow tunnel!
Also unprecidented about this storm (at least in my years in Boston) was that there was a driving ban. It was actually illegal to get in your car and hit the roads. As my company deals with big money investments and major financial institutions across the globe, we never officially close for weather. But with the driving ban, we were forced to close early and go home. While it had started snowing by the time we closed, the roads weren't that bad (if you're used to driving in snow). The governor just did that so that clean up crews could do what they needed to do without working around folks. I think it was pretty laughable how they were threatening folks with large fines or jail time for driving. I'm pretty sure the police had much more pressing things to do in a historic snowstorm than play traffic control.
We never lost power so it was just an inside lazy weekend for us. The boys were kind of off their game so at times we were feeling the cabin feever. But there were some good times and we survived just fine. I must say, getting back to work on Monday was a welcome change.
 |
| The boys played in the tunnel. |
 |
| From the Inside |
 |
| I got some good snuggle time. Yay! |
Oh, and did I mention the other big thing that happened last week? We got some new critters! Mike saw a kitty at a shelter online and decided he was ours so we went to meet him. Only problem was that though he was listed as good for a home with kids, he wasn't good for young kids. There was another young cat there that fit the bill, Cici, so we met him. He was sweet and good with the kids so we filled out the paperwork and went home to think it over.
Though I said I wasn't ready, Mike very much was and this is a house of compromise so I gave in. And then I remembered, pets really do bring a lot of love and joy to the house. It's a good thing! So it was decided Cici (pending a name change most likely) would be coming home with us, About an hour before Mike was to leave to pick him up, we were informed that he came in with another cat and they asked if we would be interested in taking him home too. So, I went with the shelter with Mike (boys stayed with a sitter) to meet him. It was hard to resist his smoochy face so Pumpkin left with us that night too.
 |
| Introducing Cici!! |
 |
| Pumpkin and Cici |
 |
| Cici and Luci |
Luci's been doing pretty well. She and Cici seem to have already become friends. Pumpkin, well, we have high hopes. He wasn't fixed and I think he may have tried to have his way with her which she did not appreciate AT ALL! So, they've had a rough start. However, Pumpkin was neutered on Thursday (recovering well) so we want to try to give the two of them a fresh start.
The cats have been great with the kids. Cici's kind of rag doll and not fazed by their craziness which is perfect. Pumpkin's a little more skittish. I think he'll come around a bit more when he gets acclimated more....at least I hope. In any case, he's not harming the kids just running away from them a lot.
 |
| Cade and Cici Chilling |
So we had 2 new cats with us to ride out the storm. After staying in most of the day on Saturday, we got out that afternoon with Dylan while Cade was napping.
 |
| Our View After Opening the Garage Door |
 |
| Snow All the Way Up to the Swing |
 |
| Snow Swinging |
 |
| Jump In! |
 |
| Where's Mike? |
 |
| There He Is! |
 |
| Me and My Dylan |
 |
| Trucking Through the Snow |
Sunday was a ridiculously beautiful day. We took the whole gang out for some play.
 |
| Cade on the Plowed Driveway |
 |
| Dylan found pre made snowballs in the snowbank. |
 |
Mike tried to make a path for sledding. Too much snow so it didn't work. We ended up just using the driveway. Do you see a little heading looking to see what Dad was up to? |
 |
| The Buried Mailbox |
 |
| Snowy House |
 |
| Cuteness in the Snow |
 |
| That is quite the snowbank on our road. |
So our family has expanded by 2 furries and there's a lot of snow outside. That's basically our story for the week. Oh wait! One other big thing did happen on Monday and Dylan and I are just home from a big date. Post to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment