2/16/13

A Big Week For The Boys

On Monday, a huge thing happened while I was at work. Thanks to quick access of modern technology, I got a video of Cade's big new skill which I will now share with you:
That's right, Cade took his first steps! And, as you can see by the look on his face, he was pretty proud of himself. I got to see about 1 and a half steps that night as he was crying and walking\lunging towards me when I got home. Since, he's not taken another one without our hands in his.

When Dylan took his first steps, he was very excited too. And then the next day forgot all about it....until about 3 weeks later and he was walking everywhere. So, it seems as if Cade's taking the same route to being bipedal. Any day now he'll be a full on walker. We are anxiously waiting!

Last night, Dylan and I had a big date night. Given how well he did with the Disney shows while we were on our cruise (which I still hope to blog about someday), I took the opportunity of a special ticket sale and got tickets to Disney on Ice. We were able to enjoy the occasion with my friend Kari and her son Luke.

Thanks to some ridiculous traffic, we were 30 minutes late to the show. But we enjoyed the rest of the show and agreed that we would have been sitting\watching too long if we'd seen the whole thing. Dylan was great company for the hour in traffic and the sprint to the train after we bailed off the highway, and the wait on the platform for the train, the train ride and the reverse trip back. It was such a treat to get to spend special one on one time with my oldest. He's a pretty fun guy! And, of course, it was great that we both got to spend time with friends.


Dylan, Luke and Kari After the Show
On the Train Together
The Were Battling Beasts
(They both really enjoyed the Beauty and the Beast portion of the show.)
Tonight I have yet another date with a handsome guy - Mike! How lucky am I to have such wonderful boys to get to go out with back to back? Then we're going to enjoy the next couple of days in the mountains. Our NH place hasn't seen us in a LONG time! How will you enjoy the long weekend?

No comments: