9/13/12

Dylan's First Day of School Ever!

Well, my plans for blog catch up this week flew out the window when I was sick as a dog all night Monday and then still far from up to par all day Tuesday and Wednesday. Luckily, it was not contagious to the family. Unluckily, it knocked me on my butt. Just a little case of mastitis. If you know what it is, you can pity me. If you don't know what it is think flu with vomiting and boob pain. (I'm sure I managed to make all 2 of my male readership uncomfortable. Sorry for that.) In any case, I am feeling back to my normal self today and actually was able to eat food like a normal person since the Monday night spent on the bathroom floor. The upside? I lost a couple a pounds this week!

I am just so happy to be feeling good again because I was able to help my little baby...er...my big boy Dylan celebrate a HUGE milestone in his life - his very first day of school! Yes, Dylan is an official preschooler as of today and it went smashingly well. He didn't seem to miss us, had a great time playing with the toys, didn't want to leave the room until he gave us a tour of the toys and then talked about all the toys he saw that day that he wanted to ask for Santa to bring him. That boy has a one track mind for toys. Oh, and one of the teachers told me "what a wonderful boy you have!" when we came to pick him up. She was thrilled to have Dylan talk her ear off about all the rubber animal toys in the basket. Such a great thing to hear!

Cheeseball Grin
What a Handsome Boy with His Hair All Fancy
(Credit for that goes all to Mike.)
Today was kind of a test day. All the parents came, took their kid to the appointed classroom and then all went and huddled in a room nervously for an hour before we went back to pick them up. It was a pretty miraculous first day because in all of the classrooms, not one child cried....well, there was one that had a little cry release when his mom picked him up but he braved the hour and that's what counts more than anything. What a courageous group of 3ish year olds!
His School Sign
Scarecrows to Meet Us At the Door
(Dylan made sure to say goodbye to them when we left.)
Mike and I met some new friends as well and already got an email requesting that play dates be made. I feel popular! Can't say that's something I felt much in all my years of schooling.

Another miracle for today was lots of cute photos. My normally unphotogenic, no patience for photographs child was mister pose for pictures today. Probably only because the doors to the school were locked. If they had been open, he would have wanted to go in...Dylan was excited.
The Boys

Momma and Dylan

The Whole Family Was There For The Big Event
(Eeks...great picture but I just noticed where Dylan's hand is.
Yeah, male readership is squirming in discomfort again....sorry!)
When we asked Dylan if he wanted to go back again, he said "yes!" Good thing since he would have to go anyway. We're excited for this new chapter in Dylan's life. He's really ready to be around kids even more often than he already is and a structured environment will be a great learning experience for him. I know Mike will enjoy getting some "just Cade" time as well and maybe even take advantage of just having one child with him to run errands just a bit quicker.

No comments: