5/17/12

BCM

Having done the fair on Saturday, it was a doubly special weekend for Dylan since we got to go to the Boston Children's Museum on Sunday. My friend Tamara has a membership so we were able to enjoy for free. Sunday being soccer day for Mike, I ventured downtown with both the boys solo.

Mike woke me just before he left at 7:30 and I jumped in the shower with Dylan. I got both of us cleaned and ready, then got Cade ready and was downstairs a few minutes before our planned departure time. Silly me, I didn't realize it would then take about 15 minutes to get packed up and loaded in the car. Still very much not used to this 2 kids thing. Once downtown, it took longer to get out of the car then planned as well. I felt bad being about 20 minutes late but Tamara didn't seem too bothered by it since she assumed it was going to happen.

The Children's Museum is a mad house on the weekend so we wanted to get there early when it's only open to members before opening to the public. During that time, it's a little less nutty. First off, we hit the bubble room then went to the room where golf balls can be played on lots of different tracks. These rooms were probably the only ones where Dylan and Elsa were interested in being in the same area.

After that, we went up to the next level and soon thereafter split ways with Tamara and Elsa so Dylan could explore what interested him.
Playing in the Sand

Playing in the Water
(His sand\water table gives hours of amusement to him at home too.)
Soon Cade got hungry so I found a little used area of the museum to sit and nurse him. Dylan's instructions were to stay where I could see him and he followed them extremely well. When I lost sight of him, I would say his name and he would immediately move back into my sight. Considering he had to entertain himself for about 15 minutes, I was really impressed with him.

It was so nutty trying to keep up with Dylan, keep Cade happy and try to keep track of where Tamara and Elsa were as well as trying to juggle the camera and all of our stuff. My life now involves trucking around 2 kiddos and all that goes along with that but it's still all very new and Cade is still so extremely high maintenance. That means that every time I make it through a trip like this without major meltdowns and without losing my mind, I pretty much feel like superwoman. I wonder how long it will take to get more used to it.

No comments: