I've been getting a lot of questions about how the pregnancy is going. Well, it's pregnancy. For those that haven't had the joy of experiencing it, most stuff related to it isn't much to enjoy. It's a good thing something pretty incredible comes out of it or I'm guessing most women wouldn't voluntarily go through it multiple times. For the most part, it's pretty similar to the pregnancy I had with Dylan.
I had morning sickness pretty much the entire month of June and a day here or there over the last couple of weeks. Notice I said "day" and not "morning." That's because I pretty much felt like crap all day. Not to say that what I have for morning sickness is extreme. Trust me, I know I've lucked out and not gotten that severe nausea\vomiting thing a lot of gals get. But, feeling queasy all day long gets old pretty fast.
I don't think I've been as tired as I was during my first trimester with Dylan. Mostly because I haven't had time to be tired. Though I will say, oddly enough, once my morning sickness subsided a bit the fatigue increased. I'm sure the heat we've had of late hasn't helped. Speaking of heat, it's the thing that still tips me over to the feeling sick side. Lucky for me, we've got Texas like 100 degree heat for the next few days. Joy! I for see some popsicles in my future!
During my third trimester with Dylan, I had a lot of painful issues with my sciatic nerve. One thing I've learned in my 2nd pregnancy is that a lot of symptoms show up earlier. In this case, I started having sciatic issues around 9 weeks. This has limited my work outs (to say the least). About all I can do is walk at a slowish pace or hop on the stationary bike. With being bored with workouts, taking lots of lunch breaks (my usual work out time) to look at houses, being a little over tired all the time, and the gym being insufficiently air conditioned (see above on being hot), I have not been my usual active self. It's probably not helping to curb the weight gain but I kind of don't care. It is what it is. I'll worry about the weight next year.
Also not helping the weight gain is my appetite. When I felt queasy, eating something was the only thing that made me feel better. So, I ate. Now, I'm just hungry all the time. According to the books, you're only supposed to eat 300 more calories than usual during pregnancy. Either I eat far too little normally or my body doesn't know about the 300 calorie need, because I need A LOT more food than I usually do. I'm so ravenous at times that food is absolutely all I can think of. It's annoying to say the least as my life is not usually very food-centric. Because of this eating and no exercise thing I've done the unthinkable - not stepped on the scale for weeks. The last time I went for a doctor's appointment, I even stepped on it backwards so that I didn't see the number. I figure at this point knowing whether I'm gaining weight or not isn't going to change what I'm doing so the increasing number can only depress me. I know I'll have some hard work ahead of me post baby and it will be what it will be. Stressing it over when I was pregnant with Dylan did nothing but stress me so I'm not going to do that this time around.
Speaking of food, I'm hungry now and need to go find myself a snack. Have a great Friday everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment