I've had a lot of mixed feelings about this day (excitement and lots of dread) and it's finally here. Dylan is officially mobile! He's figured out this whole crawling thing and is on the move!
For several weeks now, he's been rocking back and forth on all fours ready to go. Last week, though, he totally abandoned movement attempts to perfect his "sitting up" skills from all fours. Mission accomplished! He's sturdy as a rock (albeit a soft stone), can pop right up, look up and around without falling right back on his noggin', and can catch himself when he does start to lose balance.
So with that skill checked off the list, it was back to trying to move. On Monday, Mike dropped by my office with Dylan after a doctors appointment. (He was getting checked out after 2 nights of crying himself to sleep to make sure everything was a-okay since that was a new thing for him. Normally, he's a peaceful, happy guy when going to bed. Everything checked out well so we had to adjust bed time routines for happier crib to sleep time. It's going well.) One of my coworkers brought out a toy car (Viper) and sure enough, Dylan went forward two crawls and grabbed it. That was a first! Apparently, Dylan is motivated by shiny, fast cars like his mom!
Yesterday, while I was at work and the boys were at home, they worked on the skill some more. Mike even got video proof:
Though still a little wobbly, it seems as if he's got it down. What motivates him to crawl? Mommy? No. Daddy? No. Fun toys? No. Coupons? Yes (as seen in the video). I guess he's frugal. Tissue paper? Heck yes! He loves things that crinkle. Kitties? Yes! As you can guess, Oliver and Luci are not thrilled with this new development. I'm thinking they are going to start finding higher places to lay their head during the day to stay clear of the mobile monster.
Is now a good time to start thinking about what might need to be baby proofed in the house? Wish us luck.....I have a feeling we're going to need it!
2 comments:
I love the video!! He also seems to be motivated by being able to put it in his mouth! too cute.
What an amazing fete! And I'm so glad that coupons are an important part of his life.
Post a Comment