3/31/09

Strange Benefits

Observations. As most of you know, my weight had crept up over the years and, 3 and a half years ago, I hit my max weight and decided to do something extreme about it. So, 1200 calories and 2 hour workouts daily helped me shed a lot of weight over a year and a half period. Oddly enough, being an overweight gal, losing weight, then becoming pregnant has helped me out in a couple of unexpected ways:

1) I have a lot of larger clothes that I'm still comfortable in. Granted, these are mostly of the wear to bed or workout variety at this point, but still, they're coming in handy.

2) The skin on my belly remembered being bigger and has only been mildly uncomfortable in the last month. A couple of thin gals I know that are in their 4th month of pregnancy are already have a lot of discomfort from stretching skin.

3) I've been able to keep a somewhat positive outlook on my weight gain. I mean, even though 6 months pregnant, I still don't weigh as much as I used to!

Obviously, I'm not saying that being overweight was a positive thing in my life, but it's interesting to see the glass half full.

1 comment:

Shaunna said...

there's one way to look at it! I'm officially weighing more than I ever have ... even at 40 weeks pregnant with both girls. I still have several months to go :(