3/2/09

Let's Face it, I Caved to Peer Pressure

Yesterday, I finally broke down and did it. I joined Facebook. After not less than 5 people (friends and family) from all around the country asked me within a 24 hour period why I wasn't on it, I was done. Usually, I don't cave to peer pressure (though my parents still believe all my teenage rebellion was acted out of decisions from my peers). However, I'm sick of getting the grill. I absolutely still don't get why it is so necessary to be on this social networking site, but I'm there now. Are you all happy??

On a very seperate note, Boston is having a nasty storm today. Even though the governor asked all non essential employees not to come into town and urged private sector businesses to delay close, I'm here at work. For some reason, my company never changes operating hours due to extreme weather. So, I got a good test on my new car's snow driving abilities. It passed with flying colors! My street hasn't seen a plow yet, and I got off of it with no problems. I watched the car in front of me slip a couple of times, but I made the 4.5 mile commute with total control of the car. Not bad!

No comments: