3/20/09

Babies R' Overwhelming

Over the last several months, I've been introduced to the wide world of baby stuff. And man is there a lot of stuff! It's been completely overwhelming to weed through all the items out there, figure out what's going to be helpful in our lives (pretty tough when you don't even know what having a baby around really entails) then tracking down the right product for the right price.

The biggest decision we've made, up until yesterday, is for a jogging stroller. Being the active person I am, that was one of my top priority purchases. So, we've done lots of research and shopping and decided what we wanted for that. I hope this baby likes the stroller! One decision down, only about half a million to go.

A couple of Saturdays ago, Mike and I ventured into Babies R' Us. All I can say is wow....completely overwhelming. Our first mistake was going in without a plan and our second mistake was going on a Saturday afternoon when every other family with screaming children planned to do their shopping there as well. We left a little dazed and very confused. This beast of a store was going to need a different tactic in order to tackle it.

So, last night, I went in armed with a seasoned pro.....Mike's cousin's wife, Jessie, who is a new mother of a wonderful 7 month old boy. She was awesome! She offered advice, was efficient in her method of going through the store, was great at answering questions and helped me tick off the registry list very quickly. We were in and out of that place, almost completely registered, in about an hour. Jessie - I can never thank you enough for your help. I owe you big time!

Now, don't run out and check out our registry, because there are still some changes I want to make over the next week. However, the big, scary, first step is done and it's a huge weight off my shoulders.

No comments: