1/11/14

Christmas Day 2013

Well, it's a rainy\icey day in NH. I had planned to try and teach Dylan to ski this morning but the weather actually followed the forecasted plan (which it rarely does up in the mountains) and is really nasty. We tried to run some errands but if you saw my Facebook post, that excursion didn't go well. So, now the fire's roaring and the boys are all napping. With 2 hours to myself, I decided it was high time I look back at the pictures we took from Christmas to New Years. And what better time than looking through pictures to put some aside and blog about them. Lucky for you, the weather is crappy and I have some moments to blog. Let's cover Christmas.

Christmas Day was spent at our house in the morning and then we moved our party to my sister in laws for the afternoon with the rest of Mike's family (who are all local). Our morning discovering Santa's gift, and unwrapping our gifts was really pleasant. Dylan loved helping to hand out presents and Cade loved unwrapping them. Once they were all unwrapped, they hung out and played while I made breakfast. After more play we headed up to shower and get pretty to head over to Maureen's. Here's our morning in pictures:
Ok, this one's from a couple nights before when Dylan and I were making cookies for Santa.
The Boys and Our Lovely Tree
Santa loved the cookies we made!
The Stacks of Presents from Santa

Anyone who knows Dylan wouldn't be surprised that pretty much everything on his wish list
was Sylanders related. It was definitely a Sylanders Christmas for him.

Cade Roaring Back at His Dinosaur

And Admiring His Bear Paw Slippers

Riding on His New Scooter

Dylan Playing with His Skylanders
This is how you'll find him at our house at many points in any given day.

Reindeer Pancakes!

My favorite gift was framed hand prints from the boys.


Putting Dylan's Skeleton Obsession to Educational Means - a Book About Bones
He also got a toy brain with labeled parts, a human body book about our systems and a floor skeleton puzzle with the names of the major bones.


Flynn's Ship! (Skylander thing of course)

Daniel Tiger's Tree House
For those of you that don't know Daniel Tiger, it's a cartoon based on Mr. Rogers land of make believe. My kids love it.

At Maureen's house that afternoon, it was the usual chaos it is there - lots of kids running around, a couple of dogs running around and barking as well, and lots of us loud adults (our family and Maureen's in laws). There was also lots of great food, conversation and fun. And, of course, more presents for the kiddos. Amidst the craziness, we did manage to get a picture of the Hines\Hickey\Almo cousins.
My Handsome Boys

Corwin, Dylan, Emily, Cade, Jacob and Patrick
Pretty good lookin' crew, huh?
Without anyone having had naps, we called it a day pretty early and headed home. That was a lot of excitement for one day. It was a great Christmas! But I gotta admit, with all the new clutter in the house, I was ready to get all of our Christmas decorations down. However, with only 2 days left in town (in which I spent working), that didn't happen until we got back from our Christmas festivities in Dallas. And unfortunately, I'm still working to get it all packed up and put away. It's like the holiday that just won't stop giving.

No comments: