Since I purchased it, it's been waiting in the garage patiently for a little attention. A few weeks ago I got to Home Depot to purchase some supplies for its transformation - a respirator mask for me, sanding blocks, spray primer and cans of spray paint. Then the following weekend took advantage of some good weather, dragged it onto the driveway and gave it a good sanding. Of course, it wasn't until I was mostly through this process that it dawned on me I hadn't taken any before pictures. Shame on me. So here are the in progress pictures.
![]() |
| Dresser - Already Sanded |
![]() |
| Drawers - 1 Down 2 To Go |
![]() |
| Close Up Of Old Hardware It was missing some and others were broken so these definitely had to be replaced. |
It would be another week before I got the paint out to prime. I started painting the weekend before last, did some more coats - 2 of primer and 4 or 5 of spray paint (some of those were started immediately after finishing the previous coat so it sounds like more than it was) and then finished up over this last weekend. The new hardware I'd purchased went on quickly ($10) and then Dylan and I bought some nice liners for it on a shopping trip on Sunday. Sunday night, I got all the drawers cleaned out well and the liners cut to size. Yesterday, my strong husband got the dresser moved to its new home.
And here it is! Our custom made dresser\changing table all for the bargain price of around $60 (dresser, hardware, drawer liners and paint).





1 comment:
Can you help me with some furniture? You're crafty...and I'll trade off by cooking Tex Mex for you all?!
Post a Comment