After the fun of the morning playing in the ball pit, the group split ways. Presley, Ryker and Marcy went off to explore other areas of Silver Dollar City while Jody, Reece, Mike, Dylan and I headed to wait in line for Marvel Caves. Apparently, this would not be my first visit to the caves. However, since I was a wee little thing, just 1 and a half-ish years old, it would be the first time I'd remember my trip to the cave. As proof of my first visit there, my Mom sent me the group picture that they took for every tour back in the day:
![]() |
| Me, Dylan, Mike, Reece and Jody |
When you first enter Marvel Caves, you are in a VERY large cave "room" that they call the cathedral room. It is quite impressive to come in from the top of that room, see the formations in the distance that millions of years of cave activity have formed, descend many many stairs to the base of that room and then see the light peeking in from the outside. Dylan was very excited to see the first formation from afar and deemed it to look like a dragon!
![]() |
| Light Peering Into the Cathedral Room |
| Looking Down - That Line is the Covered Path WAY Down at the Bottom of the Cathedral Room |
| The Dragon! |
| Me, Dylan and Reece in Front of the (Not Seen) Dragon |
| Looking Up to the Top of the Cathedral Room |
There were more than a couple of times I got pretty nervous with a toddler (holding his lovey) being just on the other side of a railing to a very long drop off. I definitely kept a tight hold on him (when I wasn't actually holding him) and also grabbed onto his lovey ("yaya") several times as well. If that lovey had been thrown over into the deep abysses, we would have NEVER seen it again! That loss would have been even bigger than the loss of Mike's IPhone on the roller coaster earlier that day.
After our fun cave tour, we met back up with the rest of our gang and called it a day at Silver Dollar City. We went back to our respective hotels. Then Mike, Dylan and I headed over to Jody's hotel and headed to the pool to cool off. Dylan was more interested in showing off his guns and moving the patio furniture around.
Mike was able to get him in the pool for just little bits here and there though.
All the other kids (and dads) had fun cooling off as well. I'm not much of a pool person so I mostly followed Dylan around while he played with the patio table. Then, it was burgers on the grill and watching Tangled at the condo.
This was our last full day with Jody's gang and we only had the next morning left to hang out and play with them.






No comments:
Post a Comment