Last Saturday was a busy day. With 3 stores\showrooms to hit (shopping for the addition) first thing in the morning, Dylan was kind enough to wake us super early to get a quick start to the day. After those errands, I dropped the boys at home so Dylan could catch a nap and I ran to the local mall to hit a few stores for some things I needed. Then it was back to the house, lunch for all and we packed up to head out to the home show. In between home and the home show, we had one other task to accomplish for the day - Dylan's first professional haircut.
Haircuts are nothing new for the cute little guy. I gave him his first one at around 10 months of age and have given him some sort of trim just about every month since. I've gotten a lot of crap for the job I've been doing from (supposed) loved ones, friends and family. Personally, given that I'm not a professionally trained hair stylist, don't have the right tools nor the most still client, I think I've been doing a fantastic job. I don't care what all the haters said.
Back around Christmas, I finally was convinced to try out a professional. Unfortunately, Mike missed the pre Disney haircut deadline so I continued with my chopping skills. This time, the unruly hair would meet a trained set of scissored hands - a pro at the north eastern kids hair cutting chain called Snip Its.
I have to say, in general, I was pretty impressed with the place. Upon entering, there was no doubt the place was catered to kids. Each station had it's own tv, the decor looked straight out of a cartoon and each kid gets a "surprise" at the completion of the hair cut.
I was also, generally, impressed with our stylist. Man, did she work FAST! I have never seen hair disappear from a person's head so quickly. I don't think Dylan was in the chair more than 5 minutes. She buzzed, sprayed, snipped and trimmed almost faster then the eye could see. Very impressive!
And, she did a great job except for one little problem. We had a bit of a language barrier. Through broken English, she gave me a general idea of how she would cut it. Towards the end, I tried to point out a few missed hairs on Dylan's bangs and she misinterpreted to cut all the bangs even shorter! Yikes! However, I took comfort in the fact that his hair grows pretty quickly and they would be a better length in just a couple of weeks (or less). In fact, after just a week, I've either gotten used to seeing them or they've grown out a bit (or both) and I think they look pretty good.
By far though, the most impressive thing at that place was Dylan. The poor kid behind us was screaming through his cut like he was continually being poked with a cattle prod. While Dylan peeked back a couple of times in concern, he stayed happy placing with a car and a tractor, watching tv and being entertained by good ol' Mom.
We were in and out of that place in less than 20 minutes, I think. Which also means that place costs a little over a dollar a minute. Steep! And ya know, now that I know how the pros get it done, I think I'm going to give it another try next time he's due. I'm pretty confident I'll be able to do as good of a job...for much less money!
No comments:
Post a Comment