2/28/11

Overcoming the February Blahs

After the topic of my last post followed by a long period of time with me not posting, you probably think I've resorted to hiding under my covers and waiting for the February blahs to be over. Not so! After taking a week long mental vacation from my weight loss track (note mental...I still ate well and exercised daily), I got right back on it and have been going strong.

I must admit, though I'm definitely not a winter hater, I always get a bit of the February doldrums. After not seeing the sun much for this many months, I start to look forward to a change of season around this time of the year. Now that the last day of February is here and Punxsutawny Phil has predicted an early spring, I'm looking forward to more time outdoors. With our weekends busy doing other stuff, we haven't made it up to our NH place to enjoy snow play in the mountains and have only had minimal outdoor play around home. That means I'm itching to have some weather conducive to city fun.

Not that winter is over by any means. Now it's time to really ramp up the snowy\cold fun so I can get in as much as I can before it's gone and the trees start to bud and bring life back to this part of the world. I've got pictures and stories to post of what we've been up to the last couple of weeks. I promise to make some time to report on that this week. See ya in March!

No comments: