We were all so excited for Jody and his crew to arrive in Dallas Tuesday night. I absolutely adore my nephews (Reece and Ryker) and my niece (Presley). They have had a special spot in my heart for a long time and I'm always excited when Dylan gets to play with them. He likes it too. After a brief period of shyness due to overwhelming activity with their arrival, Dylan jumped right into cousin play.
 |
Our Little Buzz Lightyears - Dylan and Ryker
(Pipaw didn't have the right matching PJ's) |
The few days we had with them just flew by - mostly because there was just so much going on and packed into those days. On Wednesday, we had our official Christmas celebration, complete with a big lunch (followed by lots of cookies) and our present exchange. In between food and gifts, while the young ones were napping, Mike, Presley and I had the privilege of meeting the newest member of the family - my Aunt Pam's puppy, Rika Papi. We had a fun time running around his yard with him.
 |
| Christmas Lunch |
 |
The Gang - (Top) Pam, Kerryn, Marcy, Jody, Reece, Mike, Me
(Bottom) Blanche (Kerryn's mom), Dylan, Pipaw, Ryker, Mimaw, Presley |
 |
| Our Little Musicians - Ryker and Dylan |
 |
| Rika Papi!! |
 |
| Nap Part II (part I in the crib apparently didn't last long) |
 |
| Christmas Elves |
 |
| Elf Dylan with Mimaw |
It was a fun filled day of Christmas craziness. Gifts were generous and thoughtful (as they always are in our family) and the kids were just so wonderfully behaved that they made it such an enjoyable day.
To put the cherry on our Christmas day, we put the little kids to bed and busted out a VHS copy of Tron to enjoy. With the release of the new movie, we decided watching the original had to happen together since it was a childhood family favorite. Somehow my movie buff husband had gone his entire life without seeing it so I was thrilled to share a fond childhood favorite with him.
That day was just the beginning of our Christmas. More family fun was to come in the following days. Since I apparently failed to upload those pictures and am taking off with my boys and some friends to play in the snow in NH to ring in the new year, I'll finish up reporting on our holiday fun in the new year. Our NH escape is still a (very comfortable) pretty remote escape - no wifi there (gasp)! So, no blog updates. Have a great, happy, safe New Year's Eve everyone! I'll be having a great time, I'm sure, and doing my best to actually stay up until midnight.
No comments:
Post a Comment