7/14/10

Day 2 NH - Another Full Day

After a fun filled day of sightseeing during our first day in NH, our 2nd day in NH was full of outdoor fun.

It had been a while since I'd hiked in the backyard of our condo to check out the waterfall. So, first on the agenda that morning was to head that way. While Dylan was taking his morning nap, as well as Mike, my Dad and I headed out (Mom opted for some relaxing time indoors).

For some reason, the wooded land owned by the association is always a little muddy and buggy. Other than those slight irritations, my Dad and I had a nice hour plus hike, making the nice loop on the trail up the hill to the waterfall, up a little further and then down another trail.

Dad at the Waterfall

Self Portrait of Us Both

We returned back to a happy, rested bunch. Next on the agenda, something Mike and I never get to do anymore - play tennis! When Dylan was a wee one, we would walk him to the courts, he'd fall asleep en route, and we'd play until he awoke. Now that he doesn't instantly have a snooze when we're out walking, we don't get to play anymore. So, we took advantages of our on site babysitters and hit the courts. Dad and Mom both jumped in and played some with us too! Dylan had a great time hanging out in the shade on the lawn and playing with his Mimaw and Pipaw.


After a very active start to the day, we weren't done with the fun yet. After lunch, we all packed up and headed up to Mirror Lake, which Mike, Dylan and I had our kayak maiden voyage on back in May. While Dylan finished his nap in the car, Mike and I took a paddle around the lake. Then, Dad and I took a paddle around the lake. When we came back in, Dylan was awake and ready to join in the fun.

Me and Dad Being Welcomed to Shore By Dylan and Mike


My Dad loves to take his grandkids fishing. This was a great opportunity to take Dylan on his first trip. Even though they didn't catch much more than a couple of logs and branches, Dylan seemed pretty entertained by the casting out and the spinngin of the reel. I'm sure it won't be the last time these two fish together.

Fisherman and Fisherbaby

While Dad and Dylan fished, I stayed in the kayak and was joined by......my Mom!! She scoffed at the idea of kayaking when I brought it up prior to their trip but after seeing that lake kayaking really is FAR different than the white water kind my brother used to do regularly, she was actually up for trying it out! And wonder of all wonders, she really enjoyed it. In fact a little birdy (also known as my Dad) even said she expressed interest in renting a boat and paddling around the lake near their home in Dallas!
My Adventurous Mom


When Mom and I paddled in, we found a diapered Dylan splashing around the water. He's had lots of practice splashing around during his tubbies so he did a great job, and had a great time, splashing around in the lake.

After an extremely full day of playing in the warmth and being under the sun, we did what any sane person would do - get ice cream! There's a new place just off the parking lot of the tavern near our condo. On the way home, we stopped to check it out. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed it, especially Dylan - he's a great ice cream eater!

Ice Cream Group Self Portrait

Dylan sat right on the picnic table, downed his whole cup of ice cream (and a few bites of ours) and started bouncing up and down with joy....or with a sugar rush. Either way, it was the perfect way to finish off our very full NH tour.

Yummy!

No comments: