Mike had his follow up appointment yesterday. Though it went well and the doctor was happy with progress, he didn't give the clearance for childcare that we thought he was going to give. That was a big bummer for both of us. This means that Dylan will be in day care for another 1-2 weeks. Our current plan, which seems to change multiple times a day, is to have him in there full time through the end of the week and maybe move to having him to partial days next week.
Mike's bummed because he really misses his son. I'm bummed because day care adds a lot to my day - packing for it, drop off and pick up, then clean up after we get home. Yes, I know people do it all the time. I'm sure if it were to be a permanent situation for us, I'd get into the groove, get used to it and it wouldn't be a big deal. Thinking that yesterday was going to be our last day there and then having a bombshell dropped that it will likely be an additional 2 weeks of it was just a blow to a very tired mother. I'm also bummed because of the obvious wish that Dylan was getting one on one attention from his father all day instead of the split care of the daycare teacher.
I mean absolutely no offense to parents everywhere that have their children in daycare. There are some really great benefits to having him there that I do appreciate. It's hard, though, when I had my mind set on having my baby cared for by his adoring father and then had to change up care so suddenly and unexpectedly.
Other than Mike getting tired pretty easily and still a little sore, he's doing really well. He's even back to helping out around the house some, though nothing that will strain his back, which is obviously a huge help and relief to me. Other than me being a little tired, I'm doing fine too. I just miss having my partner being 100%. I'm looking forward to things getting back to normal.....a couple of weeks from now I hope!
1 comment:
Girl .. Daycare is rough. Even for those of us who DO get used to it on a permanent basis. Being temporary, I would think, makes it harder, not easier. Sorry to hear you got unexpected news. :( hang in there ... One Day at a Time is my motto these days.
Post a Comment