2/19/10

Little Rays of Sunshine

I really feel like the luck in my household has turned for the better. (I really hope I'm not jinxing myself by saying that "out loud.") After my nice refueling weekend, I had another sleepless night before returning to work for the week (thanks, Dylan!) so was a little worried that rain showers were ahead. However, after a fairly decent work day, good things started happening again.

I came home from work on Tuesday to a lovely bouquet of flowers, courtesy of my good friend Amy, to bring some cheer to my day. She is such a thoughtful gal. It worked....I was happy!

After that, I went to shovel the driveway of the snow that had fallen so I wouldn't have too much to do before work the next morning (snow was to continue overnight). After clearing the top of the driveway, my neighbor drove by with his snow plow and offered to clear the rest for me. Wow! Let me tell you, that just doesn't happen that often. In fact, it's never happened to me before. Those snowplow guys get good money for clearing driveways and rarely offer to do it without cost. What a rare treat! Next morning, not too much more had fallen so it was a fairly quick clearing job.

Wednesday, another package was delivered to the house - a bamboo plant! Thanks to a snafu with the ordering, Amy accidentally had two arrangements sent to us. Yay!

On top of that, I've had 8 hours sleep the last two nights (that's 8 hours EACH night!) and have had a very productive, drama free, week at work. Not to bad. I'll take this kind of "quiet" week anytime!

No comments: