9/4/09

It's Ruff Being a Baby

Dylan has a cute little shirt that says that. He's wearing it in the picture below. I learned this week that when it's "ruff" being a baby, it's rough being a mommy.

What I can only hope is a result of a growth spurt and not a new habit, Dylan has been an eating fool this week - meals every 2 hours! That means I'm now going on 5 nights straight with not more than 1.5 hours of sleep at a time. It's been a hard week, to say the least. I'm not feeling too human. After 4 nights of it, I called the doctor to make sure this could still be a growth spurt, confirming his health, and hopefully to give me some sort of light at the end of the tunnel. They confirmed that it definitely could be a growth spurt and it could last up to 2 weeks! I certainly hope those 2 nights last week in NH can be counted in that amount of time because I'm honestly not sure how much longer I can function this way!

So, it hasn't been the most productive week for us as Mike and I have have basically been sleeping in shifts. I honestly don't know how I could have gotten through it if both of us hadn't been home full time. I know there are mothers out there that have had to get through these kinds of weeks solo and I give a HUGE tip of my hat to them!

We did manage one outing yesterday. As a result of Dylan's growth spurt, he now can wear some of the adorable shorts he's had hanging in his closet. Before this week, his little belly wasn't quite wide enough to fill in those waistbands and keep them up. So, on our errand yesterday, he sported a pair. His little feet have also gotten big enough to keep on the too ridonkulously adorable flip flops we got for him.

Summer Stud!
It's sights like this that just fill my heart and keep me going despite the lack of sleep! He's just too cute and fills our hearts with a whole lotta joy. Now, let's just get a close up on those flip flops!
Can You Stand It?!?!?!




No comments: