Since the night Dylan came home, he regularly gave us 3.5 to 4 hour stretches of sleep. Not bad for a newborn. However, that amount of time hadn't increased in the last 7 and a half weeks. In fact, earlier this week, Dylan had a growth spurt and we had two nights in a row where he was eating every 2 hours. That meant only 1.5 hours of sleep at a time for me. I know I'm spoiled with a good baby, because those 2 nights in a row of that kind of sleep were pretty rough!
So, imagine my shock when, after putting him to bed around 10:30 last night, I woke to a clock that said 5 o'clock this morning. I had no idea this sleeping through the night thing was going to happen so quickly. What was most surprising to me is that my initial reaction wasn't elation that I had gotten to sleep that long but pride that he had passed such a huge baby milestone. Perhaps that mothering instinct has truly kicked in full force.
Now, we just have to see if he'll do it again!
1 comment:
Hooray!! Now, here's to him giving you a repeat ... again and again!!
Post a Comment