Clinton? Nope, no chance of that anymore. Palin? Nope (not yet at least). It's Oprah! Like it or not the woman's got a lot of flack. (I think I can hear Mike cringing reading this line since he absolutely can.not.stand Ms.Winfrey. Sorry Mike!) Kathy Griffin even jokes that "Oprah now gets to pick the U.S. President." (She pushed Obama on the world.)My feelings are mixed on Oprah. While I'm with Mike that she's way over hyped and a little too big on herself, I do truly think that she has the best intentions in her broadcasts to have a positive influence on the world. I must say that I can even enjoy watching her from time to time. Granted, that's normally from the treadmill and catching the closed captions when I glance up from reading my book (that's about the time I take my "lunch break" from work to hit the gym)....I'm not so into it that I would actually tivo the show. However, she is the new topic of my newest blog interest - Living Oprah.
The gist of the blog is that this woman has dedicated herself to study Oprah and follow her advice for a year. Whether it be work out or entertainment advice, book recommendations or food choices...she's going to follow what Oprah tells her to do. I think it's a brilliant experiment and an interesting anthropological study of our culture! So, I'll definitely be checking in on her blog again.
What are your thoughts on this? Please leave them in the comments.
No comments:
Post a Comment