Most, if not all, of you folks out there know that I've been working my booty off for the last 2 years to get leaner and healthier.
Today, I hit a big goal. In elementary school, I dreaded the part of the Presidential Fitness test that made the gym teachers come after you with calipers. Today, I actually went looking for those scary calipers. That's right, I decided it was time to measure my fat!
As we all know, the scale and height/weight charts (BMI) can only tell you so much....and they normally don't fare in my favor given my short stature, large bone structure in relation to said stature, and pretty beefy muscles (hehe). I wanted a more accurate reading. Luckily, the nutritionist at my gym offers this service for free, so I ducked in her office after my body pump class today. AND......good news! I made my "lean" goal! According to the charts, 18-25% is healthy for women....18-22% being lean. I measure in just under my 22% goal at 21.9%!! Wahoo!
It's cool to see lots of hard work pay off! Want to know my secrets? I'll post my diet\weight loss plan sometime in the future. For now, I'm off to celebrate! Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment