And now for a TBT of a different kind. I came across this draft of a blog post from fall of 2012. Well, not much of a draft, just pictures waiting for words. I apparently never got around to doing that. But looking back at the pictures, I couldn't help but smile at the cuteness and marvel at how different all these kids (and even me!) have changed in that time period. So, I decided to post today, 2 years after the event.
And the event was "Touch a Truck" in our little town of Wayland. An annual event we haven't made since (probably because of our frequent weekend trips to NH). They bring out trucks of all kinds that the kids get to explore freely - everything from landscapers trucks to emergency vehicles, construction vehicles and garbage trucks. Pretty cool.
 |
| Me and Dylan - Firetruck |
 |
| Neighbor Dan taking pic of his daughter, Chloe, with Dylan |
 |
| Back of an Ambulance (I think my tummy has shrunk a bit since then. Yay!) |
 |
| Chloe and Dylan - Buds! |
 |
| Look How Stinkin' Cute Those Wee Kiddos Were |
 |
| Chloe and Baby Cade |
 |
| Dylan with (Still a Pal) Libby |
 |
My Babies! I just want to pinch those faces they're so darned cute! |
In addition to the trucks, there was more entertainment of course. Booths set up with local companies, face painting, a little motorized train ride, and an inflatable obstacle course.
 |
| On the "Train" |
This was Dylan's first solo trip on something like this. I remember being very nervous about it. But he did a great job solo and loved it. A bit tentative on his first run, but then wanted to go again and again.
 |
| Climbing out of the Tube |
 |
| Sliding Down |
 |
| Wanted to Hang with the Big Kids |
 |
Pretty sure this was Dylan's first (and maybe only) face painting. And this is how I carried Cade around for most of his first year plus. By the way my hand is around him, I would guess he's snoozing at this point. |
 |
| A Star on my Baby's Cute Cheek! |
I love that our town (and several surrounding ones) has frequent events for the kids like this. Such a great way to build and foster our community. And man do I love looking back on these cute baby faces. It's truly amazing to see their growth. Yes it was a long 2 years ago but in so many ways it seems like a blip in time. But an extreme amount of independence and time has occurred in those quick years that it also seems like SOOO far in the past! Life is a lot easier for the parents of a 5.5 and almost 3 year old than it was for a 3 year old and 9 month old, that's for sure!
No comments:
Post a Comment