What more does any Mom want to do on Mother's Day than look at some battleships? No, seriously. This was my idea. Going to
Battleship Cove in Fall River was on our summer bucket list and I figured that we wouldn't have to fight the crowds on Mother's Day. Plus, it was a gorgeous day...perfect for being by the water. After we drove home from NH and Mike got home from soccer that Sunday, we loaded up the boys in the convertible to make the hour long trip down.
 |
| Cruisin' |
And, in one of those very few days in life, the boys actually did what we had hoped. We drove the few miles to the highway with the top down and the boys loved it. Put the top up before hitting the fast road and within minutes, the boys had fallen fast asleep. Yay!
 |
| Snoozin' |
We were right about not battling the crowds. While we certainly weren't the only ones there, it mostly felt like we had the run of the place. Dylan loved exploring, Cade loved following his brother. I had to help Cade a good bit on the steep stairs up and down but he faced them head on like a champ.
 |
| Dylan loved the "shark" boat. |
 |
| Watch Out Bad Guys! |
 |
| In the Sub |
 |
Big thresholds for my little guys to get over in the submarine. Small doors for my big guy with back pack to get through. |
 |
The Big Ship USS Massachusetts |
 |
| In The Cafeteria of the USS Massachusetts |
 |
| Lots of very not private bunks on that ship. |
 |
| And a jail! |
 |
Appropriate shirt for Mother's Day, don't ya think? (I "heart" Mom) |
As with all good family trips, the kids started losing it towards the end of touring the big ship. It was kind of a mess for a bit but once we got back up on deck, they hit a 2nd wind and had fun playing again. Once back in our neck of the woods in Massachusetts, we topped the day off with one of our favorite family dining spots, Bertucci's. As usual, they messed up just about every facet of my order (I seem to have a special gift of pretty much every restaurant or fast food place doing that) but the afternoon had been so lovely, I didn't even mind being the last one at the table to get the right drink and food order.
I used to think Mother's Day was all about spoiling Mom. And, well, I guess it is. However, after becoming a Mom, I now know all too well that happy kids make a happy Mom. Since my boys were happy, so was I.
1 comment:
Glad so much of your day went well! We had a quiet day (most of ours are, after all), enjoyed having flowers from one son and a phone call from the other one.
Post a Comment