6/20/13

Recharging the Parental Batteries

Last Friday, the sun came out....both literally and figuratively. Thursday night and morning the boys were both well and happy. The rain stopped and we finally got a little vitamin D in our systems. And Luci had a follow up appointment with the ophthalmologist who was absolutely shocked...in a good way. Her eye had improved so much that her initial grim diagnosis was no more. Looks like Luci will be keeping her eye!

I also got a much needed break. Since I was scheduled to host a shower\birthday party on Saturday, Mike took the boys up to NH solo and I got the night to myself. I went on a long, leisurely dinner with a friend, slept in, went for a run, did a little yoga, showered all by myself and ran some errands. It was so luxurious! After the party, I made the drive up to meet my boys. They both had stayed up late to get to see me..what a treat for both of us.

The next day was Father's Day. We needed\wanted something to fill our time for the morning until our meeting with the builder. We had a leisurely breakfast, let Cade have his morning nap and then we headed up to Franconia Notch to check out The Basin. With all the rain we've been having, we thought it would be a good place to go. And it did not disappoint! 

First though, we loaded the car seats in the mini for our first family convertible ride.
Look! We all fit!
Dylan loved riding with the top down. With the boys in the back, we put the top up for our highway portion of the ride and Dylan kept asking if we were still on the highway...he was ready for some more wind! We parked and made the short walk to the basin and then explored the pathways around it. The boys had a great time watching the water.
Us at the Basin


Dylan's been into crazy posing lately. 





Ready, Set, Go!
Cade's favorite game.

On the rock...is it a bird? Is it a plane? No! It's super Dylan!

Dad With His Boys


Rock Throwing Time

Love this pic

I need longer arms....
and apparently be more aware of where my youngest's are!
(He looks scared...did he think I was going to drop him?)

Cade found a better place to hang on

Then it was time to head to the new place to meet with the builder and check progress. I hope I don't jinx myself, but this has been a pretty drama free building process. I've heard so many nightmares. Thus far, our builder has been wonderful to work with and awesome with the time line. Sure it's still been stressful due to the mass amounts of decisions that need to be made in a small amount of time, but I don't think we could have asked for a better experience. Two thirds of the way through.
Garage Foundation

Our New Place
Actually is starting to look like a house.

85% Drywalled
Talked to the builder today and said they're now 100% done.

Our big wrap around deck has started.
As of today, the builder said they're done.

Part of our incredible view.
I got out on the partially finished deck to get a first glimpse of our view.
Until now, we've only been able to imagine the true vantage point.

The Back
The rest of our Father's Day adventure consisted of packing up, getting home and hanging out. Since Mike had been solo with the boys, he got to drove in the convertible home and I drove back with the kiddos. He then had the luxury of having a whole hour to himself once we got back to the house. He chose to spend that time playing video games. Quite the party animals, aren't we? We both get some rare time of total freedom and I choose dinner and he chooses video games. After our last month of complete chaos and more unpleasant moments than we cared for, it was great time for both of us that we needed to recharge our batteries a bit.

No comments: