9/8/11

Labor Day Minus the Labor

Labor Day weekend was glorious and gloriously labor free.

Realtors, mortgage brokers and lawyers were all trying to do what we were trying to do - forget about the responsibilities of life and enjoy the "last weekend of summer." I did a really great job of not thinking about all the chaos (well, as much as possible) and just enjoyed some good ol' family time with my boys.

We definitely did a few fun things out of the house. The times when we weren't out and about, we were just blissfully hanging out at home. When Dylan napped, I read and\or slept. When Dylan was up, we played and did fun things. I really couldn't have asked for a better weekend. Here are some of the things we did do.

Swung - at home and at the park.

On Saturday, we went to the Zoo with Mike's Sister, Kristina, and Her Two Boys

There, we fed the budgies,

Enjoyed our time together,

And were entertained by the animals.
Sunday, Mike's parents came over for an evening cookout. Monday, we met up with friends Ross and Tamara and their little girl, Elsa, for some park time and a walk along the Charles River. And, Monday night, we painted!



I suppose there was a splattering of responsible stuff going on. I mean, we did manage to all shower every day, get in a little exercise and kept the house looking fairly well picked up. It was SOOOO nice to just not have too much going on though. It makes me long for more of those kinds of weekends. Is it possible we'll be able to have some of those after getting settled from our move, before the holidays and, more importantly, before the new baby arrives? I highly doubt it, but a gal can wish, can't she?

Having said that, I'm taking the day off tomorrow for a long ago planned weekend of fun in NH with Mike's cousin and his family. While we're sure to be packing in a lot of fun, I'm guessing that have 3 young kiddos about and being out of everyone's routines won't exactly feel leisurely. I'll still be very happy to have this one last hurrah before the moving rush begins though!

No comments: