5/25/11

While the Parents are Away the Kiddo Does Play.....

....with his grandparents!

Remember over a month ago when Mike and I went to Amsterdam? I know, it seems like a life time ago since so much has been going on since then. I wanted to do a post on what Dylan did with his Mimaw and Pipaw on his vacation away from us. Unfortunately, most of the cute details from that long ago have been pushed out of my mind to make room for big life decisions (like where we're going to move and what exactly do we want in a house). So, here is a brief post, mostly in pictures, of their time together.

Reading (Dylan's Favorite Daily Activity)
Music Together Class
Lots of Swinging (sometimes with good friends Yaya and Haha)

Candy and Cookies
More Reading
And Even More Reading
Watching the Little League Parade Down the Street from the House
And then we came home!


Playing in Dad's Shoes
Sporting His New Dutch Boy House Shoes
Swim Class with Daddy
(I'm so glad my Mom took this picture for me since I never get to see Dylan play in the pool.)
All in all, the week was a great success. Dylan had tons of fun with his Mimaw and Pipaw, my parents had tons of fun with their grandson and Dylan didn't seem to miss us at all. With the exception of outings to Music Together and the parade, and my in laws coming over one night to play and visit, they just hung around the house for those 4 days and stayed occupied with all the fun things we have there - toys, books and the swing.

Even though we missed Dylan like mad, Mike and I had a great time on the trip together and I'm so happy that Dylan got to bond more with his long distance grandparents. Everything worked so well, that we might just have to do it again someday! Hmmm...maybe I should start dreaming of our next destination.....

No comments: