When finding pictures for this post, I was floored. Even though I haven't forgotten what a hot mess our yard was before, seeing it in stark contrast to the beautiful landscape we have now is a bit of a shock! I often feel as though I should have had this documented on an HGTV show since the transformation is as extreme as any of theirs. It's still surreal to us how beautiful the yard is and we are really trying to enjoy it every moment we can.
And now, the moment you've all been waiting for, Before and After pictures..........
View From Back Deck Before
View From Back Deck After
Our Welcoming, Picket Fence
Before, a Hill Pretty Much Only Good for Rolling Down
Along with an Ugly, Decrepit Wall and LOTS of Weeds

After - Paved, Terraced Space with Lovely Plantings
Before - From the Top of the Ledge
Before - View from Top of the Ledge to the Side Yard

After, from the Top of the Ledge
Future Site of a Fire Pit
Behind it, Boulders Uncovered From the Yard and the Ledge
From the Top of the Ledge - Side Yard
Side Yard Before - Sloped and Unused
Side Yard After
Leveled, Fenced, Ready for Play

Front Yard Before - All Weeds

Front Yard After, Sod, Perennials and a Birch Tree
So, there you have it. Even though I played some part in the planning, I'm still amazed at how it turned out. I will admit, this is the very first house project that I relinquished some control of and left to the professionals. Admittedly, I know little about plants and landscaping so worked to find a quality company whose opinion and work I trusted. For a control freak like myself, it was scary and freeing, all at the same time, to let go of the reins a bit. In the end, I feel like the vision and execution of the yard was a beautiful collaboration and had a wonderful result.
Now, Mike and I are ramping up quickly to learn how to take care of (ie preserve) this gorgeous yard. If any of you want to volunteer your time to come over and weed on the weekends, our casa es su casa!
3 comments:
You have a BEAUTIFUL yard! So glad you chose quality workmen.
Girl ... that's one beautiful yard!! Fantastic "after" pics :) I think we need to plan a trip your way just so Luke and Dylan can play again - this time on your playscape!
I love the fence - glad Dylan has such a cute and safe place to play as he becomes more and more adventurous.
Post a Comment