1/6/10

Happy Half Year Birthday!

Today Dylan hits the big 6 months mark. What a wonderful little guy, full of personality. It's amazing to me that half a year has passed since the big day that he entered the world. Dylan's accomplished so much in such a little time.

6 Months Old!
Oliver and Luci now provide lots of entertainment for him. He loves to stare at them when they enter the room and has really enjoyed watching Luci play. In fact, yesterday was the first time Dylan laughed at something other than our antics. He was sitting in my lap watching Luci as she played with a toy I was swinging around and he started giggling. It was too cute! Today, Mike plopped Oliver in the crib with Dylan during our 6 month old photo shoot. Dylan was in awe!

Oliver Looking For the Exit

Eating has been a big milestone for Dylan. Now he's not just practicing with food he's eating solids (if you can call the mush that) on a regular basis. He's tried tons of fruits and vegetables and has enjoyed them all. The only foods he hasn't really dug was the bland rice cereal (though we'll try again with fruit added) and the mush meats (turkey and chicken). Though, to be fair, the meats smelled just like cat food and I can't say that I would have eaten it either. His favorites thus far, that he just can't seem to get enough of, are tomatoes and carrots. Here he is modeling the carrots he had with dinner tonight.


He really is becoming a true outdoors man. If he gets really upset and nothing else calms him, a trip outside, no matter how cold the weather, soothes him. This last month he took a couple of snowshoeing trips. One I blogged about previously and another just this Monday after we got 10-12 inches of snow over the weekend. Mike, Dylan and I drove just a couple of miles down to the Stoney Brook Reservation and had a little hike. I thought he was asleep from the get go because he was looking at my feet the whole time. He just enjoyed watching the snowshoes blaze the trail.

Of course, we always layer him up really well so he's quite comfortable in the cold. So comfortable that he had a little snooze during our snowshoe outing.

Now that he faces forward in the carrier, he gets to see the world a little better. A real man on the go, he enjoys being popped in it at night and just walking around the house with us. Our newest fun family nighttime is playing the Wii. He makes the balancing games a little more challenging for us but he just loves playing the active video games with us.

It's amazing how quickly babies go from "nowhere close to being able" to "mastery" so quickly. Today, Dylan actually had a big day with sitting up. During my StrollerFit class this morning, he was doing crunches so much in his car seat (which I attach to the stroller and gives him an almost laying down position) to see what was going on that I took him out and plopped him upright in his stroller. He loved it!

He liked sitting up SO much that he decided that he would sit up during his bath tonight too!

Naked Baby Alert!

What a big month ending with a big day! Today also marks the last day of my maternity leave. So, Mike, Dylan and I will all have another big adjustment to make in the next couple of days. Wish us luck! I will miss seeing this adorable little face all day long.

No comments: