My dear friend Liza came to visit us in the hospital just after Dylan was born. I've known Liza and her family for a long time. In fact, they are a big reason why I moved to Boston. They were my next door neighbors in Dallas and I spent many nights at their house babysitting for Liza's 3 oldest children. Then she had twins and 5 was a bit much for me to handle!
While I was in college, their family moved to the Boston area. I have a big place in my heart for her kids and made the trip to Boston for her 2nd oldest child, Sarah's, bat mitzfah during the summer between my junior and senior years of college. That was (one of) the summer's in Texas with ridiculously high heat - over 100 degrees EVERY day for 3 months! Not being a fan of the heat, that was enough and I decided I was going to move. I fell in love with Boston on that trip....the weather, the architecture, the city! So, that's why I packed up and moved here after college.
I've remained close to their family since moving up here, though I definitely don't see them as much as I would like. They take care of me when I need it though! Since Liza is considered family to me she of course came to meet Mr. Dylan. She also brought along her camera for the event.
Then, several days later when we got home, she brought the twins by (her youngest kids who are now 17) to meet Dylan, bring us some food AND to give us our first family portrait. Now, maybe it was just the postpartum hormones doing their thing, but I was so moved by the gesture and the wonderful family portrait she brought us that I definitely got a little teary eyed! That picture is now sitting, with pride, on our mantel. It will be treasured!
Our Family
1 comment:
This is a keeper - what a beautiful picture of all of you! So happy and content!
Post a Comment